Together creating your beautiful wedding photography
We all want beautiful wedding photography and trust me that's all I ever want to provide for you but, by co-operating with these tips or ideas can make a huge difference.
1. Think about where you are getting ready. Through experience occasionally I have been 1 of 10 people in a small box room (hairspray in mouth and no room to move). If you can plan if possible for spacious preparation area, what would be more ideal is if you could be close to a designated 'messy' room. This room can be the carnage room! No-one wants plastic bottles or coat hangers in there shots, help me help you! This is a suggestion of-course but thinking ahead can be so rewarding when it comes to photo delivery time.
2. Trust me to know what I am doing, I know I come across like a hapless fool but I promise you I am experienced and there is little to nothing that can go wrong that I can't handle. Common sense things to me are to photograph pretty much everything that happens, BUT if there are things you think I might not know about that are special to you for example, a bride noted to me she had her late grannies hankie sewn in under her dress. In normal circumstances I would never of known that, those things are the little things you can jot down for me.
3. I promise I won't work anyone to the bone, but a designated member of the wedding party or two (usually a groomsmen) to help round up for group shots is just the most helpful thing in the world - This keeps your formal photographs short and sweet, lets you get back to the good stuff!
4. On the subject of formals. I give a sample list of around 8 key images. Again from experience I used to (way back when) not limit this list. Now truly it's not for my benefit this is limited it is for yours I promise! I love the formal part getting you the really important images you have requested, the groomsmen help me identify so all you have to do is stand for approx 8 images then - phew that's done! adding lots more images makes can take time, people wander and get bored. I want people to have fun and this way it makes you really think of the most important formals. Remember we do a big group shot most of the time this is a way a guarantee a shot of everyone.
5. Get the most out of me, I may be a photographer but I have done this wedding thing a lot, each amazing and unique. I can be handy with dresses and because I there all day with you from prep-dancing as long as I don't have something really important to at your previous request, I can nip off and get you some water or small favours of most kind. I love being able to help usually I am handy at bustling a dress also ;)
6. I will always ask you at the end of the night, when I am about get ready to go home, is there anything else I can do for you, if there is PLEASE tell me!
7. Guests can tap me on the shoulder and ask for their photo at anytime, if I have something important to do for you I'll ask them to remind me once I have finished. My bride and groom are my top priorities but I love getting shots of people in their families at night time!
8. If you have any worries or concerns you think I can possibly help with please let me know. If you have met me already you'll know I am super friendly, if you are planning on meeting me you'll soon learn that! ;)
If I can think of any more, i'll be sure to add!